Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sleeping With The Light On
Mark Coker©2009


I drove past… the road on which I should have turned
I played with matches and gasoline and I… got burned
I should have known… I was told this is the way it would be
I dropped into a hole… a dusty well opened up for me

(Chorus)

I believed the lies
And chose to close my eyes

I’ve been sleeping with the light on
To all the world I pulled the blind
Let them have their lonely shadows
I’ve got peace of mind

I can’t help it if they can’t see
The road they should be on
Now I lay me down to sleep
I’ve been sleeping with light on

Just a dream… I could have sworn I heard a soul outside
Then maybe a scream… should I help or should I go and hide
If I were to shine… illuminating in the night
Those who once were blind… may find new hope in sight

(Chorus)




No comments:

Post a Comment