Tuesday, February 7, 2012

At The End Of The Day

I saw my dreams and memories colliding
Remembering the way it felt back then
I put my lips to yours for the last time
I knew I’d never hold you again

I had to try and pull myself together
I went everywhere that had a neon sign
I talked about old Chevys and the weather
And turn around at the Alabama line

At the end of the day
When my eyes were turning red
I’d have to lay
In an old cold bed
When the sun was shining
I could almost find my way
I really missed you
At the end of the day

You got to love you friends in times like these
I never would have made it all alone
Funny how they put their spin on things
Almost made me glad that you were gone

I talked too much about you way too often
I don’t think I ever shed a tear
I wonder if your heart will ever soften
Don’t turn around, I won’t be here

No comments:

Post a Comment