Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You Were Wrong
Mark Coker©2009

Some People can see through me
All the way to you – no matter what I do
If you could see the hole you left for me to fill
You’d know I love you – and I always will
And though my life is an open book
I don’t suppose – you’d ever take a look
To see that you were wrong – You were so wrong about me
That’s why I wrote this song
And I hope someday – They’ll play it on the radio
And you will know – That you were wrong
Some people know I’m lying
When I tell them I’m okay – no matter what I say
If you could see the break that I’m supposed to mend
You’d know I love you – and I’d take you back again
And though my life is almost always on display
You don’t see me – and I don’t hear you say
That you were wrong – You were so wrong about me
That’s why I wrote this song
And I hope someday – They’ll play it on the radio 
And you will know – That you were wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment