Tuesday, February 7, 2012

She’s Not The Only Pebble On The Beach
Mark Coker©2011

If she puffs a little smoke in the morning
I’ll let that serve me as an early warning
The rings are wearing out – and soon without a doubt
I suppose I’m gonna have to trade her in
When they start to slip and whine – it’s just a matter of time
Until they leave you broken down again
I may be slow but I’m not that hard to teach
She’ll be surprised what lies within my reach
Before she leaves me walking – I’ll see what’s on the market
She’s not the only pebble on the beach
If she complains when I get home a minute late
I’ll explain and if that doesn’t set her straight
I’ll start to pack my things – and if she don’t know what that means
She’ll have to think about it on her own
I won’t stand here and debate – I’m looking for a date
Hold that thought until you see I’m gone
(Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment