Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Holy Roller
Mark Coker©2010

I don’t want to be no Holy Roller, she said
Then proceeded to roll one of her own
I know you Jesus people talk about forgiveness
I would rather be stoned

I’m not saying that we need more religion
There aint no reason to obsess
What’s in order is self examination
And a genuine need to confess

Confession X 2   (?)

The church is full of hypocrites, he said
And then went on about some preacher on TV
Yes, I’ve heard and I know they say he’s guilty
But he don’t answer to me

I’m just looking at my reflection
That ought to keep me occupied
And I’m just working out my own salvation
And I’ve got nothing to hide

Confession X 2 (?)

Bridge
I can’t ride in on someone else’s cloud
My day of reckoning will come
I’ve got a thing or two I need to say out loud
I’m not proud of all I’ve done

Preachers always ask for money, she said
And she just put in for a raise
Why don’t they ever feed the hungry little children
If they would only change their ways

Mirror, mirror on the wall am I a winner
Do I always do my best
Before I go and call anybody else a sinner
Finally, I must confess

Confession X2 (?)


Confession X 2 (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment