Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Want To Grow Up To Be Like You
Mark Coker ©2009 (For Daddy)


I want to grow up to be like you
I want to see the world the way you do
I want to be the man that you thought that I could be
Before I took my first step
You gave me a good name
Never knowing where I’d going
Or if I’d bring you shame
Though you saw me fall
You never seemed to have a doubt
That anything that I got into
I’d figure some way out
I want to grow up to be like you
Hoping for the best the way you do
I want to be the man you’ve shown me how to be
You’ve worked to make your peace
Though I know we’ve all made our mistakes
Our path can be corrected
Now I know that time is all it takes
(Guitar Solo)
I want to take a good long look at life
I want to do the best that I can do
I hope I’ve made you proud
I’ve grown up to be like you



No comments:

Post a Comment